Friday, October 2, 2015

Conquering your fear

We're not perfect. Obviously. Each of us has our own fear. Be it fear of failing, fear of the darkness, fear of  being in a closed space, fear of the unknown and so forth. I've always believed that what we've become today or how our personality is, it's all from our childhood background and experiences.

I was raised in a kampung  setting, in which, when I recalled back, it was awesome and I'm truly grateful for it. It may not be the extreme kampung  setting but I did enjoy  climbing trees, playing in the mud, be able to experience the kampung chores, swimming in the river and spending most of the time with outdoor activities. By looking at it, I should become an adventurous, brave and would easily adapt with new environment person, right? but I guess, I'm not that. 

I, first noticed my not-so-adventurous personality when we had our trip to Genting Highlands and Sunway Lagoon (back when I was still a student). Being in a teenager-adult-to-be phase, I should have no problems in trying and playing all those games in the theme park. Unfortunately, it's the opposite. I don't have the courage to go and play the extreme games - Roller Coaster, Space Shot, Aladdin Magic Carpet and etc. Sorry, I forgot what are the other extreme games.

Such a waste. Isn't it? You paid for RM80 (quite a lot of amount for a student on that time) but you didn't try all the games.  

That was during my first trip. On my second trip to Sunway, most of my Borneo gang tried to convince me to go and ride on those extreme games. I hesitated at first but after some time, I agreed to it.

Voila! I did it and it feels great, and as always I would end up say - "First & last la tu. Saya tidak mau naik lagi". Ha Ha Ha.

Now that I'm an adult, I once again came across with this kind of situation. This time, it was in Cebu.
Sky Experience Adventure. Honestly speaking, it was scary, especially the Edge Coaster Ride. I remembered screaming out of fear most of the time.

But, I did it. Relief. Thank God. I survived.

I may never and would never know how does it feel or  aware of my self -limit if I haven't experience it myself. One thing that I learned, with even a small amount of courage, I was able to conquer my fear. The end result - feeling satisfied with own self.

At least, I would have something to brag about when people ask me!  Ha Ha Ha.

Sky Walk Adventure. Ho Ho Ho.


No comments:

Post a Comment