Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Being OT#6

Tag with my name on it- nice!

Being a clinician, one need to always be up- to-date with the current info related to one's profession - as this would enable us to give the best treatment to our clients.

I guess, I'm more than blessed being part of JMC. This is because, this is my second year consecutively being sponsored to attend workshop/ training related to OT.

Thank you, JMC!

So, for this year, I attended the Pediatric Neurology Update 2016 held at QEH 1. This course were attended by Doctors, Therapist, Nurses and I think other professionals as well. Thus, I could see some familiar faces and yes, getting to know more OTs. 

Personally, this was among the best course I've attended so far. Mainly because I didn't fall asleep during the whole lectures? Haha. Not the main reason. But, yes, I was not asleep during the course as I was all ears to the lectures/topic being presented.

All the topics were actually very interesting and being an OT, it is a must know information - this applies especially to the common issues that  these special kids face. Here, you can really see how important OT roles is. For once, I am so happy that OT is well known here.

Overall, for the 3 days course, I can conclude that parents play a major and important roles in making these special kid's life better. Not that the therapist is not functioning at all, but therapist do helps in paving the way for parents so that they would be able to help their child more. So, it's a two way interactions; parents and therapist and not forgetting the child himself.

For me,  this course stimulated my interest working with special kids. I used to work with them and yes, I do miss it. But here in JMC, it is a bit difficult to deal with this cases given the department setting is not really appropriate. I did accept one case and during the session, I concerned more about the child safety rather than the therapy session.

Few of the therapist I met during the course were actually trying to motivate me to do more peads cases, to be more proactive. Honestly, I was scared. I know that they were trying to help me but somehow I feel lost and not sure where to start. Maybe, it's time to get out of my comfort zone, is it?

#Fingers-crossed. Looking forward to attend more training.

Yeahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment