Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year Proposal

According to an old Irish legend, or possibly history,  St Brigid struck a deal with St Patrick to allow women to propose - and not just the other way around - every four years.

Thanks to my foreigner colleague, he's the one telling me about this. In fact, all of us, the whole department.

Quite an interesting fact, right?

It was all started when this foreigner colleague of mine suddenly asking me whether  I'm going to propose my boyfie on this date. I was like, " Why, suddenly?". And ya, all the other department mate also went blur.

Then only my foreigner colleague realize that we had no clue at all - to what he's talking about. He started explaining and we end up google-ing it, just to find out that the tradition actually do exist.

My colleague was asking me that question earlier as because I am the prefect candidate to do it; given my age and that I'm in a relationship now.

Well, my answer is no - nope. I will not do it or even bring up the topic to my boyfie anymore. Not because woman are not suppose to propose or that is a guy task but for obvious reason, and yet a very personal one.

From this point ahead, you may think that I am indeed a selfish person, who only thinks of herself.

But, I have my reasons.

Guide me o Lord. Help me that I may find light in this dark feeling that I am experiencing now. Amen.

I pray for a stronger faith, Lord. To have faith in your timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment